Step 1 – All parents and student-athletes are required by Idaho law to receive concussion education prior to participation in any NICA sanctioned event or team practice.
- This can be done in person at one of your team meetings and you should check with your team director to see if they have this option available for you.
- You can also watch the St. Luke’s/IICL Concussion Protocol training video
(The video is 10:22 minutes long and you won’t be able to pause, rewind or fast-forward once you start)
IT’S IMPORTANT TO WATCH THE ENTIRE VIDEO. PAY ATTENTION TO WHAT INFORMATION IS ON THE LAST SLIDE AS THAT WILL BE PART OF THE VERIFICATION INFORMATION YOU WILL NEED TO SUBMIT IN STEP 2 BELOW.
Step 2 – Complete the Parent Acknowledgement Form.
- If you receive the training in person at a team meeting, coaches will have a paper copy of the form for you to complete.
- If you watch the training video above you can complete the online form HERE.
Step 3 – Take concussion serious. You have a responsibility to keep yourself and/or your child safe. If you have any questions or suspect concussion, please use the following resources to help guide you through the identification, management and the conservative return to school/play protocols.
- IICL Concussion Protocol
- Optional/FREE St. Luke’s Sports Medicine Concussion Training Course
- Parent and Athlete Concussion Fact Sheet
- Parent and Student Education Idaho League Acknowledgement Form
- Return to Play Medical Release Form
If you suspect that you or your child have sustained a concussion please contact the St. Luke’s Sports Medicine Concussion Clinic at 208-381-2665. Additional concussion information can also be found on their website at www.stlukesonline.org/concussion.